It’s time for the big game! But if you’re sticking to the keto diet, finding the right comfort food for serving the crowd can get a little complicated. These recipes are great for the slow cooker, or the skillet, making them the perfect simple dishes for the big game. And they’re real crowd pleasers too!
1. Slow-Cooker No Bean Chili
What’s the Super Bowl without chili? This is a classic slow-cooker staple, but we’ve packed it full of ground beef and veggies, so you won’t even miss the beans! It’s a delicious alternative to traditional chilis that lets you keep your diet, and is a lot easier on the stomach.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1-3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small seeded jalapeno, chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 14 diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups beef broth
- First, mix ground beef with onion and garlic.
- Brown in a skillet
- Transfer to slow cooker when beef is fully cooked.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Add broth last and stir to combine well
- Cook on high, at least 4 hours
- Top with your favorites, sour cream, cheese, avocado, or, for some spice, add green chiles
2. Slow-Cooker Meatballs With Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
Slow-cooker meatballs make a great appetizer and are great to feed a crowd. If you’re into the savory and sweet and want to make your Superbowl party a bit more festive, the raspberry chipotle sauce really adds something special to your meatballs. We’re sure you’ll find them even more dippable than usual!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- ⅓ cup ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ powdered sweetener
- To make the meatballs, combine ground beef, chia seeds, seasoning and garlic powder in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add water as needed and roll into meatballs
- In a large skillet, heat half the butter over medium heat. Add half the meatballs and brown on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Repeat with the rest of the meatballs
- As the meatballs heat in the slow cooker, mix the raspberry sauce ingredients into a saucepan
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer, till the raspberries are soft enough to mash with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve with your meatballs!
3. One Pot Taco Skillet
A great party is not the same without bringing a little heat! This one pot taco skillet is a great dish for bringing a bit of Tex Mex flare to your parties, and your family’s dinner plate. It’s cheesy and gooey, and of course, spicy. But the best part is it’s simple to put together, and all you need is a large skillet.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅓ white onion, diced
- ⅓ bell pepper, diced
- 4 oz green chilis
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Heat avocado oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Cook beef until brown
- Add in onion, pepper and taco seasoning and cook until the vegetables start to soften
- Stir in chiles, tomatoes and cauliflower rice. Cook until most of the moisture has evaporated, about 5-7 minutes
- Cover with the cheese until melted
- Top with your favorites, diced tomatoes, sour cream, or avocado
Super Bowl is a great time to get friends and neighbors together over your favorite comfort foods. These Keto-friendly one-pot meals are sure to keep your belly full, without leaving you in the kitchen and missing the best part of the game!