Jump to Recipe
These cute and spooky meatballs are the perfect bite-sized snack to serve this Halloween. They’re also incredibly easy to make. We used fathead dough that’s also featured in our Sausage Mummies recipe. While these meatballs are best served warm, they’re good enough cold.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 part mozzarella dough (find the recipe here)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Mustard, for decoration
- Peppercorns, for decoration
1Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2In a mixing bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, almond flour, spices, and parsley and stir until combined.
3Shape the mixture into 8 meatballs.
4Roll the mozzarella dough between two pieces of parchment paper to and cut it into thin strips.
5Wrap the strips around the meatballs.
6Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with aluminum foil. Continue to bake for up to 10 more minutes.
7Cool the meatballs on a baking sheet.
8Make eyes by first adding blobs of mustard and peppercorns on top.
9Serve and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- There are countless fathead dough recipe variations, and most will work with these meatballs. You’ll need around 8 oz of dough for this recipe.
- Make the meatballs ahead of time, keep in the fridge, and assemble with the dough half an hour before serving if you want them fresh.
- These are great served with a creamy dip like queso, yogurt, or creamy cheese.